Few months ago, Facebook-owned instant messaging app – WhatsApp – in an official statement planned to temporarily ban users who uses the unofficial versions of Whatsapp.
Whatsapp feels you have done something wrong that violates their terms and conditions, thus this action. Not only that, you might have been suspended or banned for a different reason entirely which we will highlight here in this post, and as well how to reactivate your Whatsapp account if suspended or banned.
Some users are currently facing their suspensions on Whatsapp because they are using an unofficial version of Whatsapp (like the GBWhatsapp, OGWhatsapp, Whatsapp Plus etc). Suspension varies for different users. Some were given 30 minutes, 1 hour and 2 hours suspension.
Reasons Why Your Whatsapp Account Was Suspended Or Banned
- You have installed third-party applications. They are apps not created by WhatsApp developers. Apps like GbWhatsapp, Whatsapp Plus, OGWhatsapp etc.
- You have sent too many messages to a person that does not have your number saved
- Many WhatsApp users have blocked you in a short period of time.
- You have created a group and added people that don’t have your phone number saved as their contact.
- Sending or forwarding the same message to many users could also lead to your Whatsapp account being banned or suspended. Because Whatsapp will see you as a spammer.
- Sending hoaxes, rumors, submitting links with malware, posting adult content, unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive material could also lead to your account being suspended or banned.
- Lastly, you should not violate any terms and conditions of WhatsApp services. The terms and conditions are listed on WhatsApp website, and make sure you go through each of them and understand each point carefully.
There you have them all. Your Whatsapp number must have been suspended or banned for one of those reasons listed above. Once you are suspended, you will keep getting a notification saying;
“Your phone number 1234567890 is temporarily banned from WhatsApp. Contact Support “.
Don’t panic. I will show you some few steps to take to reactivate your number on Whatsapp.
How To Reactivate Banned Or Suspended WhatsApp Account
To reactivate your phone number and make it work again on Whatsapp is quite simple. First of all, you need to understand the “Rules & Regulations” that have been violated and be ready to correct it by making changes.
Uninstall all third-party or modded versions of Whatsapp applications on your phone. Delete groups and chats with users that haven’t saved your number (or ask them to save your number as a contact on their phone).
With that being done, wait for WhatsApp to re-enable your phone number to use Whatsapp service.
If they don’t activate your account, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and politely ask them to reactivate your phone number to use Whatsapp.
How Long Should I Wait For Reactivation?
The time to restore your account varies. It should take nothing more than 48 hours to a maximum of “infinite”. Usually, if the problem is not serious, this takes place after 48-72 hours maximum.
On the contrary, if your account was permanently banned because the violation is considered overly serious, the only option is to create a new WhatsApp account with a new phone number.
Hope this post helps? Please comment below and share this post with your friends.